TastingTable.com seeks contributing editor
TastingTable.com, the daily email devoted to the best of food and drink culture, has an opening for an experienced writer/editor based in Miami. The contributing editor will be responsible for researching, reporting and writing stories about the best and most interesting food and drink discoveries in Miami. If you have a strong interest in the digital publishing industry, a passion for food, a love for the written word and a hunger to succeed in a start-up environment, Tasting Table wants to hear from you.
– Researching, reporting and writing stories for the Miami edition of Tasting Table
– Managing a network of contacts, publicists, freelancers and tipsters to feed you great content
– Representing the publication as a member of the editorial team
– Evangelizing our brand by telling everyone and anyone who will listen about our publication
– Working alongside the other members of Tasting Tables editorial team to keep the editorial content accurate, fresh and exciting
– Contributing any brainstorming required to support all of the Tasting Table teams/departments in pursuit of creating and maintaining a high-quality digital epicurean brand
-Four-year college degree
-At least 4 years editorial experience
-An comprehensive knowledge of the Miami food and drink world
-Whip-smart writer who knows that good taste is merely the beginnings of good food writing
-Understands the Tasting Table editorial voice and style
-Strong attention to detail, verging on OCD-like tendencies to re-check your work twice before becoming comfortable that the work is right.
-Graceful under pressure
-Superb communication skills
-Wit / humor. Ability to produce a serious work product without taking yourself too seriously
-Obsessive attention to accuracy of facts, details, etc.
-Impervious to writer’s block. Doesn’t make excuses. Loves this business.
-Generally digitally minded
-Fun, funny, easy-going but DEADLINE DRIVEN and COMMITTED TO DELIVERING ON TIME AND BEYOND EXPECTATION
Complete the application archived here.