[U Exclusive] Virginia Press Trip
Spring is coming to the Blue Ridge Mountains! The Greater Roanoke Valley CVB invites you to celebrate the season during its April 19-22, 2012 press tour.
During the trip, we’ll experience all that downtown Roanoke and the Blue Ridge region has to offer, including:
Historic Roanoke City Market, the oldest continuously operating open-air market in the Commonwealth of Virginia www.downtownroanoke.org/city-market.
Taubman Museum of Art (www.taubmanmuseum.org) located in an architectural wonder that encompasses stunning design elements reminiscent of the Roanoke Valley region, and showcases American art, modern and contemporary art, design and decorative arts, folk and visionary art, regional art and works on paper.
· Railroad heritage, from the Virginia Museum of Transportation’s 50 pieces of locomotives and other rail cars to the O. Winston Link Museum’s magnificent collection of photographic and auditory works.
· Roanoke’s local culinary delights, from Uptown Joe’s fresh, homemade donuts and On the Rise’s artisanal breads to Thelma’s mouthwatering chicken and waffles
· Live music at Down by Downtown, a festival celebration of Roanoke’s burgeoning and diverse music scene
· Nearby areas, including Salem and Franklin County, to experience Smith Mountain Lake, the Booker T. Washington National Monument, Dixie Caverns and more
· Shopping in downtown Roanoke’s collection of unique boutiques and galleries in addition to nearby Grandin Village, home of Black Dog Salvage and its architectural treasures, Too Many Books and more.
Alumni and students based in the US who have completed through chapter 8 of the course are eligible to apply. Please submit a letter of interest to Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org.