TOURISM & EVENTS QUEENSLAND AND MATADOR NETWORK
TRAVELSTOKE QUEENSLAND COMPETITION, 2013
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting an entry, you shall be deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions.
- The competition opens at 10.00 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Friday 9th May 2013 and closes at 23.59 (AEST) on Friday 7th June, 2013. Entrants must be over the age of 18 years.
- Winning entrants will require good physical and mental health to undertake the activities on offer. Entrants must have a solid understanding of the English language to undertake activities and produce content for Matador Network and Tourism & Events Queensland.
- To enter the competition, entrants must do the following:
(i) Logon to the competition website, http”//www.matadoru.com/queensland (“Competition Website”) and complete your details.
(ii) Tweet or instagram a photo, video or blog post using the hashtag #travelstoke. The photo, video or blog post must demonstrate originality and creativity inspiring people to travel.
- Entries received after the closing time, misdirected entries, or entries which are not received due to server function or technical difficulties, will not be accepted.
- Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish during the competition period.
- Selection of the entry will be carried out by a panel of judges selected by Tourism & Events Queensland and Matador Network. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the selection process.
- Winning entrants must confirm their acceptance to Tourism and Events Queensland by 21th June, 2013 or the judging panel may reverse the decision at its discretion.
- The prize is a sponsored press trip to Queensland to produce content for Matador Network and Tourism and Events Queensland. Two itinerary options will be provided focusing on either reefs and beaches or outback and savannah gulflands. The maximum prize value is USD$4,750.
- The winner will be contacted by telephone or email on Friday, 14th June, 2013 (AEST) by a Tourism & Events Queensland representative.
- The prize is scheduled to be redeemed during a 7-day period between July 1 – July 31, 2013, however this is subject to change at Tourism & Events Queensland’s discretion and hotel availability. These dates exclude travel time to and from Queensland, Australia.
11. The prize must be taken at the nominated time and pre and post touring extensions will not be permitted. Any changes to the flight arrangements once confirmed, must be borne by the individual.
12. Winning entrants must be present in Queensland for the entire itinerary period during July 2013. The prize includes:
(i) return economy travel for the winners from their nearest international airport to Queensland by carrier/s to be nominated by Tourism & Events Queensland.
(ii) Cost for accommodation, ground transfers and main meals (excluding personal expenses) for the duration of the itinerary by a selection of providers to be nominated by Tourism & Events Queensland.
(iii) In lieu of accommodation and meals, a $100 daily allowance may be paid to the winner to be spent according to guidelines provided by Tourism & Events Queensland in the final itinerary.
(iv) Costs for internet, phone calls and other forms of communication shall be borne by the individual.
(v) Activities, tours and activities as per the decided prize itinerary.
13. The prize is strictly limited to the winning entrants and no family and friends will be allowed.
14. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
15. Winning entrants must hold a current passport valid for at least 6 months past the finish date of the itinerary and be eligible for the appropriate short term visa to Australia. For visa information visit www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist. Winning entrants must arrange and pay for their own visa to Australia prior to travel. Tourism & Events Queensland will not be held responsible for any visas that are not approved prior to the travel date resulting in inability to travel.
16. Winning entrants must hold a valid driver’s licence and for some itinerary options appropriate experience operating a 4WD vehicle may be required.
17. Travel insurance is not provided and Tourism & Events Queensland requires that winning entrants obtain comprehensive travel insurance, including medical coverage (at their own expense) prior to travel. Tourism & Events Queensland may request documentary evidence of insurance being obtained prior to travel.
18. Costs for carnets for equipment of a type or value regulated by Australian law shall be the responsibility of the individual
19. Tourism & Events Queensland shall be entitled to cancel an itinerary without notice should a winning entrant engage in any inappropriate, illegal or immoral behaviour, use excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants or illegal drugs, or act in any manner which brings Tourism & Events Queensland or any person or organisation involved in the promotion into public disrepute. Individuals who infringe this provision may be removed from the promotion and returned to their home destination. Any additional costs incurred in removal from the promotion will be at the individual’s expense.
20. All personal expenses shall be the responsibility of the individual, unless expressly specified.
21. Fringe benefits tax, prize tax or other tax liabilities may be incurred by participation in the Competition. Each winning entrant will be responsible for payment of any applicable taxes.
22. Each winning entrant agrees to participate in Tourism & Events Queensland’s promotional activities such as media interviews and photographic shoots at no cost to Tourism & Events Queensland.
23. By entering, each entrant represents and warrant that:
(i) your entry material and content will be an original work.
(ii) any images used are accompanied with appropriate licences, permissions and clearances enabling TEQ and its licensees to publish, broadcast, communicate and distribute the images in all media formats.
(iii) you own and control all of the rights to any video content you may use either for the entry or during your trip in Australia, or you otherwise have the lawful right to distribute such content.
(iv) your material content is accurate and not misleading.
(v) any material you submit does not contain any obscene, defamatory, inappropriate or unlawful material.
(vi) the use and posting or other transmission of the content will not violate the rights of any person or entity.
You agree to indemnify Tourism & Events Queensland and its authorised licensees for any breach of these warranties.
24. You agree to grant Tourism & Events Queensland an exclusive, perpetual licence without cost to use the content that you produce while in Australia to promote Queensland as a tourism destination through Tourism & Events Queensland’s online assets, for example, but not limited to, using it on Tourism & Events Queensland’s blog and facebook page.
25. The winning entrant is expected to produce three original pieces of content in the form of narratives, photo essays, and/or videos as per instructions from Tourism & Events Queensland and Matador Network.
26. Tourism & Events Queensland takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted, stored or uploaded on your blog sites, nor is Tourism & Events Queensland liable for any mistakes, defamation, omissions, falsehoods, or obscenity in relation to the content.
27. By entering this competition, you subscribe to receive online updates and communications from Tourism & Events Queensland concerning the competition and thereafter to communicate other promotional offers to you.
28. All entrants agree to release and indemnify Tourism & Events Queensland against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of their involvement in the Travelstoke Queensland Competition including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
29. Tourism & Events Queensland reserves the right to change or modify any of these terms and conditions at any time.
- 30. The laws of Queensland, Australia govern these terms and conditions.
- 31. The Promoters are Tourism & Events Queensland and Matador Network.